The best thing you could do when you book a scrapbooking retreat is to prepare ahead to make the most of your scrapbooking time.....!
Heres 8 tips for you..... read to the end for a handy checklist
1. Decide on a project(s). The most important thing is to have a goal in mind so that you don’t spend ages staring at stash and photos. You may not achieve all that you want but at least you have something you are aiming for. Ask me about how to do Power Layouts.
2. Organise your photos. Check your photos and set aside only those photos you will need for the projects you have pre selected
3. Memorabilia. As you are locating photos for your projects, pack memorabilia with your photos so that it’s all to hand as you scrapbook.
4. Tools. Make sure you have your essential tools and any extras that you will need for your projects. Don't pack your bag just yet!
5. Supplies. See my retreat packing list for a handy guide to what you might want to bring, don’t bring every sheet of paper you own, if you plan ahead you can just bring what you need for your projects. Don't pack it in your bag yet!
6. Empty your scrapbook Bag(s). Dump it all out. It may well be messy and it will take time to sort through, but it will be worth it to be organised when you arrive at your event
7. Pack your scrapbook bag(s). Pack everything you need for the crop in your bag(s). If you have followed the steps, collecting your photos, memorabilia and eliminating the supplies you will not be using you will have everything you need. As an added bonus, since you are freshly packing your bag...you will know exactly where everything is!
8. Pack clothes etc..! Not as exciting, but don't forget clothes and toiletries!